The health and safety of each and every individual who walks through our door is extremely important to our Noles Family Dental team. We follow a carefully crafted sterilization protocol that allows us to create a comforting and safe environment for both staff and patients.
How We Keep Our Patients Safe and Healthy
When creating the sterilization protocols for our dental office in Greensburg, Indiana, our dentists, Drs. Noles, Estes, and Sullivan followed the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). By following their recommendations, we not only keep you healthy, but we protect the environment and keep you safe.
Some of the precautions and procedures that are a part of our daily routine here at Noles Family Dental include:
- Using steam sterilizers, dental autoclaves and dental sterilizers to clean and disinfect reusable instruments
- Requiring all patients and staff to wear face masks
- Requiring dental staff to wear gloves — new gloves are worn each and every time staff comes into contact with a patient
- Regularly cleaning countertops and other surfaces with EPA approved chemical cleaners that can not only clean, but disinfect
- Keeping disinfected soap at all sinks throughout our office
- Disinfecting instruments and equipment before and after use
Disposable Products Used by Our Dental Office
We try to use disposable products in our office to reduce the spread of infection, since we know these items are clean and sterilized. Some examples of disposable products used by our dental staff include face masks, gloves, gauze, floss and brushes.
To further prevent the spread of infection and protect our patients, our dental team goes through extensive training on properly storing, handling, and disposing of all disposable products.
Our Sterilization Process for Reusable Equipment and Instruments
Some of the instruments and dental equipment used as part of your treatment may not be able to be discarded. Our staff follows a very strict sterilization process to keep you safe when using these types of instruments and equipment.
Our sterilization process for reusable equipment and instruments is as follows:
- Use an ultrasonic cleaner to remove any debris, germs and bacteria that may be present on the equipment or instrument
- Wrap newly cleaned instruments and equipment in an FDA compliant packaging
- Use FDA approved dental autoclaves to sterilize equipment so viruses and germs are killed
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces and machines after use with an EPA approved cleaner
- Safely and properly store all cleaned and disinfected equipment and instruments until they are ready for use
Committed To Your Wellbeing
All of our staff are committed to keeping you safe and healthy. That is why every member of our dental team goes through extensive training in our safety and sterilization protocols. Our staff holds regular meetings and attends training seminars and workshops to keep up with ever-changing technology and sterilization techniques.
Our sterilization and cleaning protocols constantly change to keep up with new recommendations and practices. We welcome current and potential patients to ask questions about our sterilization and safety protocols. The staff at Noles Family Dental in Greensburg will gladly answer any specific questions you have or provide a more detailed explanation about our safety and health protocols.
Call our office any time with questions or to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists.